If you want to create a successful app, it might seem like there are too many variables at play; however, this is not the case! There are specific steps that you can take to make sure your app idea is both profitable and operational. Here are some stats you should not miss out on to know about super app popularity and growth!
- One out of every three people on the planet suffers from app addiction.
- 72% of consumers in the United Kingdom, Germany, the United States, and Australia are interested in super applications.
- In a recent poll, 90% of respondents were inspired by the ease of use of a super app.
- By 2025, the Russian market for super applications is expected to be worth $134 billion, as per Statista.
- With 1.24 billion users, WeChat is the most popular app in the world, according to BusinessofApps.
What Is a Super App?
A super app is a mobile application that offers a variety of services, typically in one single platform. Super apps are designed to make life more convenient for users by integrating several different services into one app. This can include anything from ordering a taxi to booking a hotel room, making a restaurant reservation, or buying movie tickets.
Super apps are becoming increasingly popular in Asia, where many of the world’s leading super apps originate. WeChat, for example, is a super app developed in China. In Indonesia, Gojek is another popular super app.
With the growing popularity of super apps, many businesses are now looking to develop their own super app in order to tap into this burgeoning market. However, developing a successful super app is no easy feat. It requires significant investment, an extensive understanding of user needs and behaviors, and strong execution capabilities. But for businesses that can overcome these challenges, the rewards can be huge.
How to Create a Super App?
A super app, also known as a WeChat mini-program, is a type of application that combines the best features of both native apps and web apps. Native apps are installed on a device and have access to all its features. While web apps are accessed through a web browser and are limited in their functionality.
- Super apps are designed to provide a better user experience than either native or web apps by combining the best of both worlds.
- They are fast and responsive like native apps, but they don’t need to be downloaded and installed like native apps.
- And they have more features and functionality than web apps, but they don’t require users to have a data plan or an always-on internet connection like web apps do.
#1 App Idea
Come up with a fantastic app idea.
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- What needs does your app address?
Once you have a solid concept, it’s time to start thinking about the design and user experience of your app.
- How will users interact with your app?
- What kind of features will it have?
#2 Choose the Platform
To create a super app, developers need to use a platform that supports them. The most popular platform for developing a super app is currently React Native by Facebook. With React Native, developers can create truly cross-platform applications that run on both iOS and Android devices.
Other platforms for developing super apps include Flutter by Google and Ionic by Drifty Co. They each have unique advantages that may make them a better fit for certain types of applications.
#3 Design the Super App
Once you’ve chosen a platform, you’ll need to design your app’s user interface (UI) and user experience (UX ). This is where you’ll decide what your app will look like and how users will interact with it.
#4 Customize & Develop the App Code
After your app’s UI and UX are complete, you’ll need to develop the actual code that will make your app function. This is where having a platform like React Native or Flutter comes in handy, as they provide developers with pre-built components that can be easily assembled into a functioning app.
#5 Test the App
Finally, you’ll need to test your app thoroughly before releasing it to the public. This is important to ensure that your app is free of bugs and works as intended on all devices.
#6 Submit to App Stores
Once your app is ready for launch, you’ll need to submit it to the App Store or Google Play. Once it’s been approved, users will be able to download and use your super app just like any other native or web app.
Cost of Developing a Super App
The cost of developing an app varies depending on the features and complexity of the app. A simple app with limited features can cost as little as $5,000 to develop. While a more complex app with multiple features can cost upwards of $100,000. The exact cost will depend on the specific requirements of the app.
Tips For Successful Super App Development
- Plan your app development process carefully and create a detailed roadmap.
- Don’t try to do everything yourself – partner with experienced app development agencies or service providers.
- Focus on creating a great user experience and make sure your app is usable and enjoyable to use.
- Make sure you test your app thoroughly before launching it and listen to feedback from users after launch to improve the app over time.
Examples of Well-doing Super Apps
There are many examples of successful apps that have been developed using the Super App platform. Some of these include:
- The Weather Channel
The Weather Channel app is a perfect example of an app that uses the Super App platform to provide users with accurate and up-to-date weather information. The app can access the user’s location and provide them with current conditions, forecast data, radar maps, and more.
- NFL Mobile
The NFL Mobile app is another great example of an app that uses the Super App platform to provide users with a wealth of content and functionality. The app gives users access to live game scores, highlights, statistics, and more. It also allows users to set up their own fantasy football team and track their progress throughout the season.
- HBO GO
HBO GO is a streaming service that allows users to watch their favorite HBO shows and movies on their mobile devices. The app uses the Super App platform to provide a high-quality streaming experience for users.
What’s Next For Super Apps?
The future of Super App looks very promising. The platform has already been used to develop a number of successful apps and there is no doubt that this trend will continue. With the addition of new features and functionality, the Super App platform will become even more powerful. Also, it enables developers to create even more amazing apps.
There’s no doubt that developing a super app is a huge undertaking, but it can be incredibly rewarding both financially and in terms of the satisfaction you’ll get from seeing your work used by millions of people. If you have an idea for a super app, don’t be afraid to go for it. With the right planning and expert mobile app developers in Chennai, you could make your dream a reality.