Oxygen OS Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
Here are the latest open beta builds for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
Changelog of Latest Oxygen OS Open Beta 2
- Optimized some UI display in Settings
- Fixed the low probability issue that widgets did not respond
- Fixed the failure to wake up Google Assistant in some cases
- Fixed the issue that the HD icon on the call log interface was not centered
- Fixed the black screen issue when user entered “Tips & Support” interface
- Improved the system stability
- Fixed the issue that numbers disappeared in Timer under some special circumstances
- Ambient display
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone. You can view it anytime without waking up the screen（Path: Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Optimize the power consumption of the Smart 5G
Note: If users in the IN region update to the OBT 2, some functions may be missing.
For Indian users, the builds are still delayed due to technical reasons, download links for respective devices will be added in the thread below soon.
Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
- If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
- If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
- Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
- Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
Source OnePlus Community