Qualcomm earlier today announced the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 870 5G Mobile Platform, a follow-on to the flagship Snapdragon 865 Plus, which features an enhanced Qualcomm® Kryo™ 585 CPU prime core clock speed of up to 3.2 GHz. The new Snapdragon 870 is designed to deliver increased performance across the board for geared-up gameplay with insanely fast Qualcomm® Snapdragon Elite Gaming™ experiences, truly global 5G sub-6 GHz, and mmWave, and ultra-intuitive AI.
The Snapdragon 870 5G Mobile Platform is a connectivity powerhouse, featuring both the Snapdragon X55 5G Modem-RF System and the Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6800 Subsystem. With 5G and Wi-Fi 6 capabilities, you’ll experience high speeds, increased capacity, and widespread accessibility no matter where you connect with 5G.
Heavy-hitting performance backs the Snapdragon 870 5G, including our upgraded Qualcomm® Kryo™ 585 CPU and the ultra-fast Qualcomm® Adreno™ 650 GPU—delivering superb on-device experiences quickly and efficiently. And, the Qualcomm® Sensing Hub provides always-on contextual awareness, so every interaction is smarter and more seamless.
- Kryo 585 provides an uptick in performance compared to Snapdragon 865+, up to 3.2GHz
- Adreno 650 GPU delivers smooth, fast graphics rendering
- The full suite of Snapdragon Elite Gaming features including Desktop Forward Rendering, Qualcomm® Game Color Plus v2.0, Qualcomm® Game Smoother
- True 10-bit HDR gaming and updatable GPU drivers
- FastConnect 6800 supports leading Wi-Fi 6 technology features and integrates advanced audio capabilities
- 4-Stream (2×2 + 2×2) Dual Band Simultaneous harnesses multiple antennas and bands to provide superior speed/latency performance compared with common two-stream implementations
- Supports global roaming and global multi-SIM
- Supports all key regions and frequency bands including mmWave, sub-6, TDD, FDD, and Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS)
- Compatible with both standalone and non-standalone modes
- CV-ISP operates at 2 Gigapixels per second
- No limit HD slow-motion video capture at 960 FPS
- Dolby Vision for video capture on mobile
- Qualcomm Sensing Hub
- Low power AI voice assistant support with contextual awareness
- Supports voice, audio, and sensors
- Hexagon Voice Assistant Accelerator for advanced voice use cases
- Qualcomm Aqstic™ Audio Technologies offer native DSD support, PCM up to 384 kHz/32-bit, and customizable “Golden Ears” filter
- Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive audio for robust, low-latency and high-quality wireless audio
Qualcomm is the world’s leading wireless technology innovator and the driving force behind the development, launch, and expansion of 5G. When we connected the phone to the internet, the mobile revolution was born. Today, our foundational technologies enable the mobile ecosystem and are found in every 3G, 4G, and 5G smartphone. We bring the benefits of mobile to new industries, including automotive, the internet of things, and computing, and are leading the way to a world where everything and everyone can communicate and interact seamlessly.