OnePlus announced that has successfully started the rollout of OxygenOS 12 based on Android 12 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro devices. This update has reached a few users already and will continue to roll out incrementally.
Along with the improvements Android 12 brings – such as improved privacy features –, OxygenOS 12 comes with a slew of new features like a new Shelf with new cards and built-in OnePlus Scout, an improved Work-Life Balance mode that is now available to all our users, and a new Canvas AOD experience that opens the door to customization. For a more comprehensive list of the new features, check the changelog below.
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work-Life Balance
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- This upgrade method will not erase data but is suggested to backup important data firstly.
- Users in Europe will receive the release push later. Please stay tuned.
As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we’ll begin a broader rollout in a few days.
Source OnePlus Community