Everyone who is taking SEO services in any way for there business is aware of the changes that take place in Google’s algorithm for SEOs. There have been many updates to date such as Panda, Penguin, etc. and their 2.0, 3.0 versions as well. While these updates change a lot in the algorithm of the SEO but it also has created a confusion between many marketers. Many people think that stuffing your website with maximum keywords search will lead your website to be in the top results of Google. While this is not the case now, with the latest updates. Now Google keeps a tight emphasis on what the customer wants not what is a marketer is looking for and this has changed the face of the market. Now there are two kinds of distinct branches to work on for SEO, i.e. a) On-Page, and b) Off-Page.
What is On-Page SEO?
On-Page SEO in simple words is anything that is directly related to the improvement of the ranking of your website. Like what keywords are there in your copy, meta descriptions, HTML, etc. These are the base of the On-Page SEO. And how:-
- Keywords:- Now the most important change that has taken place in the SEO is not to choose the keywords but how to optimize them. Now the keywords search is not dependent on your choice but on the thought process of your customers and what keywords they are searching. And this has brought the long-tail keywords in existence.
- Meta Description:- We are aware that the meta description is the introduction of the website given below the URL of the site on the search page. But the tact of this lay in the word you choose to describe your website. Remember to keep the introduction short but enough information and should have all the keywords that the customer is looking for. It will be a good shot for keeping your website in the top results.
- SSL/HTTP:- Security of page has become the topmost priority of Google in the last few years. Google and any other search engines prefer to keep those websites only in the search results which are SSL secured. This makes sure that there is no interference of any third party between you and your customer. And customer trust to visit your site or feel safe to enter any data to your site, as this SSL and HTTP provide the security for the same.
What is Off-Page SEO?
Off-page SEO is the method or way that is not directly related to your website but can improve the standing of your site in the search results. Some of the factors are:-
- Backlinks:- Backlink can be explained as the more you are recommended by others, the greater standing you have in the market. And to achieve this one needs to have the best content, sharing of your content, etc. While many people pay to get promoted but the more transparent work you will do the longer and greater will be your results.
- Social Promotions:- In the time where social media plays a very big role in the life of every person, it is obvious that it can provide a great promotion platform for many sites. People even use paid promotion or kinds, like they can offer you their products for free and all you have to do is promote it. And of course, if the people from your profile visited the website it will increase the social presence.
- Domain Authority:- In simple words, the grades that describe your standing is domain authority. The higher the number the higher the standing. But having higher domain authority is not simply one must follow all the SEO guidelines, apart from that the more backlinks you have there are more chances that you will be in the top results of the search engines. The domain name and it’s presence in the market. The history of your domain all these are the factor that affects the score of domain authority.
These are the differences between On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO. While having such differences they still work together to make your website the more reliable and bring it at the top in the market.