Are you in search of the best free audio recording and audio editing software to make some mind-blowing tracks? Don’t worry, your hunt ends here. You will get some fantastic options for audio recording and audio editing software in this blog!
The days are over when audio editing and audio recording were a massive tasks with some DJ kind of level. With the digital revolution, there is much audio software available for editing and recording seamlessly.
So, there is no need to spend plenty of time and money to hire a professional sound artist and studio. If you know very little about using any kind of software, you can easily do this audio recording and editing work for you.
Before starting the main writing piece, you should know about some of the usage areas of such software. This exactly assists you to make audio tracks with the needed editing part. But apart from just creating audio for personal and fun usage, there are more useful areas to opt for such platforms:
- You can record classes or any important event.
- If you want to create podcasts, this audio software is for you.
- You can record songs for artistic purposes.
- You can even dub audio.
- Record instructional audio to use again and again in classes or organizations.
But how will you choose the best one when there are plenty of options for audio recording and audio editing software available?
The first considerable thing is the easiness of use and the simple interface. If any of the software has these two basic features, you can hassle-freely learn it. But with such a huge options availability, picking one can be a little confusing. That’s why, here is a curated list of the 7 best free audio recording and audio editing software with their potential features.
Without further ado, let’s have a look at the list!
Best Free Audio Recording and Audio Editing Software
WavePad Audio Editing Software
The first option on the list is the WavePad audio editor which is super to record, edit, and add effects to the audio. This is one of the best audio mixer software available in the market. You can easily edit audio files, and cut, copy, and paste recordings’ parts. It also lets you add effects like noise cutting, echo, and amplification. WavePad is a good MP3 editor but also good for many other audio formats. It is available free of cost for non-commercial use.
Some Potential Features of WavePad Audio Editor
- It provides an easy-to-use toolbox for normalizing, amplifying, echoing, reversing, reverb, etc.
- You can also use its choice changing, and text-to-speech features.
- It also lets you export and share audio with others.
- You can easily reduce noise and click pop removal with its audio restoration feature.
- WavePad supports a sample rate within the range of 6-192 kHz, stereo or mono.
Available for: Windows and Mac.
If you want to turn your iPad into a fully flashed recording instrument, then Garageband is for you. It is one of the finest free audio software available in the market. It provides a good library including instruments, guitars, drums, etc. If you want to have fun like a music DJ, its Live Loop feature can do this for you. No matter where you are, you can easily create and share your own songs.
Some Potential Features of Garageband
- It lets you record, mix, and export a song at 24-bit audio resolution.
- You can easily add DJ-like effects with its remix FX.
- You can even record performances from third-party music apps with audio unit extensions.
- It offers some professional mixing effects like Bitcrusher, Visual EQ, and Overdrive.
- You can make ringtones from the created tracks.
Available for: Mac.
Audiotool is a browser-based digital audio workstation (DAW) without any need to install it. It is a free tool but gives you a fantastic professional experience. It is one of the popular audio editing software, especially for artist collaborations. It allows you to connect with other artists in real-time. It has a wide variety of tools, making audio editing very simple. Just open it in the browser and you are ready to make your favorite music.
Some Potential Features of Audiotool
- This platform is specially designed to connect creative minds worldwide. You can easily show your projects to professionals or collaborate with the persons you want.
- You can access its rapidly growing library. You can also search over 200k presets to find your suitable sound.
- You can create bountiful tracks with their rhythmic foundation.
- Its hardware-style visual interface is good to work with.
- Its powerful mastering toolbox and MIDI effects let you create your dream audio.
Available for: Windows, Mac, Linux.
OcenAudio is our next choice on the list: a famous cross-platform free audio editor. If you need to edit simple audio files without any hassle, then this software is for you. Yet it is simple to use but has powerful features. The basic reason behind its simplicity is the Ocen framework which provides a super library to back the audio manipulation.
Some Potential Features of OcenAudio
- One of its nice features is the availability of all the major operating systems.
- You can work on other tasks while the time-taking work like file opening and saving audio files work in the background.
- It provides a very clean and simple interface which makes it well-suitable for beginners.
- You can even monitor your sound effects at once.
- You can set the playback parameters without editing the primary audio.
Available for: Windows, Mac, Linux.
AudioDirector is a beginner-friendly audio editing, mixing, and recording software specially designed for windows. You can say it is your one-end solution for every audio need. If you are a professional and want to record podcasts, audiobooks, music, etc then this is the perfect software for you. You can make an awesome recording environment with its AI-based tools.
Some Potential Features of AudioDirector
- It provides direct track editing with the integration of PowerDirector.
- It has a vast sound clip library to choose from.
- Even a beginner can easily record, cut, trim, and add special effects.
- It lets you import one video file and over 100 audio files in the editing timeline.
- This software has a unique feature of vocal balance and removal tools. Through this, you can extract instrumentals from any song.
Available for: Windows.
Ashampoo Music Studio
The Ashampoo music studio is a nice music editing software that helps you to organize your audio files well. It is one of the free audio editing software used for recording CDs. You can create mixtapes, playlists, and design CD labels. This free audio editing software lets you extract audio files from a video file. And also you can record using its external mic.
Some Potential Features of Ashampoo Music Studio
- This platform provides you the flexibility to do cover searches.
- You can effectively trim the audio files. You can also split the audio into any number of files.
- It has a default live recording option.
- It provides features of tempo analysis and smart synchronization to mix songs.
- It offers you to do multiple detail editing and modifications for enhanced usability.
Available for: Windows
Last but not least option on our favorite list is Acoustica- a reliable audio editing solution. One of its unique features is its non-destructive audio editing capability. It offers a very intuitive interface to work with. That’s why it is considered one of the best free audio editing software. It offers you many layer effects but still if you want more, you can get it easily. For this, you just need to import DirectX and VST plugins.
Some Potential Features of Acoustica
- You can get CD ripping support with this software.
- It lets you easily remove background disturbance.
- You can monitor your audio output in real-time.
- It offers so many processing tools, chains, and plug-ins to use.
- You can even do multi-track editing very easily.
Available for: Mac and Windows.
So, this is all about the fantastic list of free audio recording and audio editing software in 2023. There are plenty of software options available in the market that lets you easily make some creative tracks. But this sorted list of some of the popular ones with their potential features can blow your mind. Also, the availability of software with different operating systems is provided along.
Before selecting one, you can consider some points given here:
- Ease and simplicity of use
- The quality of sound
- The level and quickness of editing
- The toolbox provided with each software
- Check for compatibility
Apart from considering these, you can choose what’s best suitable for you as per your requirements. You can also go through the rating and reviews on the official sites before jumping on the one. You can easily download and install any of the chosen ones and do the editing.
Hope you find this blog informative enough to help you out!