You may be one of those people who may clean the outside portion of their laptops from time to time. When was the last time that you have cleaned the inside portion of your laptop though? The inside portion of your laptop will become dusty and dirty over time. If you want your laptop to last longer, you need to make an effort to clean it. You will be surprised with the difference that this will make.
The Process to Follow in Cleaning Your Laptop
You cannot just start cleaning your laptop while you are using it. You need to turn it off and make sure that you will remove its battery before you start cleaning. Now that you have already done this, you can proceed with the next steps.
- Unscrew the screws that will allow you to clean your laptop properly. If there are some areas that do not need to be unscrewed, leave them alone. You can look at the signs so that you will know which ones you should remove.
- Remove all of the relevant screws.
- Remove the touchpad portion of your laptop and disconnect its wire carefully from the rest of the laptop.
- Gently remove the keyboard from the laptop and make sure that you will disconnect it properly.
- Use your dust removal spray all over the laptop. If there are some things that you need to focus on, add more sprays on the memory, processor, and fan portion of the laptop.
- Take a look at the laptop that you have cleaned. It should look clean and dust−free.
- Put back all of the items that you have removed. Start by placing the keyboard gently first and connecting it to the laptop. Then, place the touchpad again and connect it to the laptop.
- Screw again the screws that you have removed from the back portion of the laptop.
- You may need to test your laptop to ensure that you have done everything correctly.
If the laptop starts up without any issues and you are able to use it, just continue using your clean laptop until such time when you need to clean it again.
The Benefits of Keeping Your Laptop Clean
Some people who are too busy or would need to use their laptops often may feel that they are only wasting their time. There are benefits that you can get when you try to keep your laptop clean. Some of these benefits include the following:
- You can reduce the overall heat of your laptop. If the fan of the laptop is dirty, it would not have the ability to cool your laptop properly. Cleaning your laptop’s fan can help solve this problem very soon.
- Extend the battery life of your laptop. Your laptop will work harder when it is full of dust and when it cannot function properly. This means that your laptop will take up more of your battery life. The use of energy can be reduced when you keep your laptop clean.
- Your monitor will also be clearer. Have you noticed that the colors that are usually shown by your screen are starting to become muted? This is a sign that there may be something wrong with your laptop. The dust may have accumulated too much already that it is blocking the colors that you should see.
- Improver the overall life span of your laptop. You want your laptop to last for years and it is possible as long as you would keep your laptop clean. This can help you save more money in the long run.
- It will not be embarrassing for guests to see your laptop. What if you have some guests over and they would notice that your laptop is dirty? They may create some notions about how you are as a person simply because of how dirty your laptop is. At the same time, you are going to have a harder time explaining everything.
Keeping Your Laptop Clean
Keeping your laptop neat and clean will also reduce the possible maintenance and repair costs that may be acquired. At the same time, a clean laptop may also inspire you to keep the rest of your desk clean and organized. This will increase your ability to do work even if you do not realize it in the beginning.
Hi, I’m Matt Cupper and I am the founder of GamePlusTech. I would love to share my expertise with you as well as insights and news regarding the latest and the trends in the gaming world. There is always something new going on and I aim to share this with you.