Intel Launches First 10th Gen Intel Core Processors
Today, Intel officially launched 11 new, highly integrated 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors designed for remarkably sleek 2 in 1s and laptops. The processors bring high-performance artificial intelligence (AI) to the PC at scale, feature new Intel® Iris® Plus graphics for stunning entertainment and enable the best connectivity1 with Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) and Thunderbolt™ 3. Systems are expected from PC manufacturers for the holiday season.
10th Gen Intel Core processors are foundational to Intel’s journey in enabling uncompromising and workload-optimized PC platforms with performance leadership across all vectors of computing. In addition to performance and responsiveness gains, AI, graphics, connectivity, and I/O are optimized on the SoC for a solution that delivers a feature-rich suite of capabilities for OEMs to create laptops for people to watch, game and create more.
Intelligent performance: 10th Gen Intel Core processors are the first purpose-built processors for AI on thin-and-light laptops and 2 in 1s. They deliver the intelligent performance needed for modern AI-infused applications, with a suite of features and capabilities:
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost, a new, dedicated instruction set that accelerates neural networks on the CPU for maximum responsiveness in scenarios such as automatic image enhancements, photo indexing, and photorealistic effects.
- Up to 1 teraflop of GPU engine computes for sustained, high-throughput inference applications like video stylization, analytics, and real-time video resolution upscaling.
- Intel® Gaussian & Neural Accelerator (GNA) delivers a dedicated engine for background workloads such as voice processing and noise suppression at ultra-low power, for maximum battery life.
All-new graphics for stunning entertainment: With double the graphics performance2, 10th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Plus graphics make a reality gaming in 1080p and higher-level content creation, like 4K video editing, quick application of video filters and high-resolution photo processing on the go. Plus:
- These are the first GPUs from Intel to support VESA’s Adaptive Sync* display standard, which enables a smoother gaming experience across games like Dirt Rally 2.0* and Fortnite*.
- Based on Intel’s Gen11 graphics architecture, they are also the industry’s first integrated GPU to incorporate variable-rate shading for improved rendering performance.
- With support for the BT.2020* specification, watch 4K HDR video in a billion colors.
Read Full Article as it first appeared on Intel NewsRoom