Intel announced this week a brand-new product family, the Intel® Agilex™ FPGA. This new family of field programmable gate arrays (FPGA) will provide customized solutions to address the unique data-centric business challenges across embedded, network and data center markets.
The Intel Agilex family combines FPGA fabric built on Intel’s 10nm process with innovative heterogeneous 3D SiP technology. This provides the capability to integrate analog, memory, custom computing, custom I/O, and Intel eASIC device tiles into a single package with the FPGA fabric. Intel delivers a custom logic continuum with reusable IPs through a migration path from FPGA to structured ASIC. One API provides a software-friendly heterogeneous programming environment, enabling software developers to easily access the benefits of FPGA for acceleration.
The Intel Agilex FPGA provides new capabilities to help accelerate the solutions of tomorrow. These innovations include:
- Compute Express Link: Industry’s first FPGA to support Compute Express Link, a cache and memory coherent interconnect to future Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
- 2nd-Generation HyperFlex Architecture: Up to 40 percent higher performance or up to 40 percent lower total power2 compared with Intel® Stratix® 10 FPGAs1.
- DSP Innovation: Only FPGA supporting hardened BFLOAT16 and up to 40 teraflops of digital signal processor (DSP) performance (FP16)3.
- Peripheral component interconnect express (PCIe) Gen 5:Higher bandwidth compared with PCIe Gen 4.
- Transceiver Data Rates: Support up to 112 Gbps data rates.
- Advanced memory support: DDR5, HBM, Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory support.