You have MSG files that want to be analyzed, but due to some reasons, you cannot do this in Outlook. And you are finding a way to analyze MSG files without Outlook. In this article, we share the best ways that you can easily use. But before that, let us understand what an MSG file is.
Microsoft created many different file formats so that users do not have any difficulty saving their data. Among them is the MSG file, which is mostly used in Microsoft’s Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) and Outlook. It is a file format that stores a single mailbox item on your computer. The main purpose of using this format is to allow users to share their Outlook data among other MAPI programs.
The MSG file is made for Outlook, so you can open and analyze the file in Outlook only. You cannot read the file in another program. However, sometimes users want to view their files without the program. Why is that?
Reasons to Analyze MSG Files Without Outlook
The main cause behind this is that you have an MSG file but don’t have associated programs like Outlook to open it. Other reasons are also there.
- If you want to examine the message header or do an in-depth analysis of your file, Outlook cannot be used for this type of work.
- When you are opening your file, it cannot be opened due to some error. So, you need another way to explore your file.
So, these are the reasons why a user wants to open and read the MSG file without Outlook. If you also have the same problems, then there are great ways you can use them.
Methods to Analyze MSG Files Without Outlook
If you know that Microsoft developed two different types of Outlook programs, Outlook as a desktop application and Outlook as a browser, In desktop-based Outlook, you install the application on Windows or Mac systems. However, in browser-based Outlook, you can use this anywhere. So, you can use this program to view your Outlook, but it is not a good choice. You can face many problems.
But if you use a third-party tool, then you can easily read the file without Outlook or any difficulties. In addition, you can also do in-depth analysis. Therefore, to view the file, there are two methods available.
- Open and read MSG files in Outlook for Web.
- Use software to analyze your data in MSG files.
Read MSG Files using Windows For Web
This method does not guarantee that you can analyze MSG files without Outlook. But, if you want, you can read the files in your Outlook.com. For this, you have to first email yourself an attached MSG file and then open the file to read the content in your inbox. This is a quick way to view your file. But there is no guarantee that you can read multiple MSG files. Therefore, this method is not a great choice. The next method is the best and easiest way to see the MSG file.
A Professional Way to Read MSG Files Without Outlook
The above method is just a trick to view your files for free; there is no possibility that it will work or not. But this method will work. FreeViewer MSG Viewer Tool we are going to use to read our MSG files without any problems. You can easily open batch MSG files and see the contents in them at once. Also, there is no size restriction; therefore, whether you have a normal or large MSG file, both provide a complete preview of your file.
Features of Software
With the reading of the file, there are other additional features you can use.
- This software is great for analyzing your MSG file in detail.
- It provides advanced search options to search your file for specific data.
- You have different preview modes to read MSG files in HEX, HTML, RTF, MIME, etc.
- This software can be installed on Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7.
- Users can view contacts, calendars, events, and other mailbox items.
Steps to Read MSG Files
- Download and launch the software. After that, open it.
- Select MSG files from the left pane in the list of the folders and files that are present.
- Now, you can see your data in front of you. Click on each email to read and analyze it.
- Preview them in modes like HEX, HTML, RTF, MIME, etc.
Read also about How to Copy Thunderbird Emails to Outlook
Outlook is not installed, which is not the only reason users want to analyze MSG files without Outlook; there are other causes as well. That’s why this article explains the reasons and methods for that. Outlook for Web could allow you to read the MSG file, but there is no guarantee that you can properly view the files. The professional method is the best way, as you can open, view, read, and analyze your file. Thus, this is a way to read MSG files without the Outlook program.