Earlier this week Intel launched the most powerful generation of Intel® Core™ mobile processors ever: the new 9th Gen Intel® Core™ mobile H-series processors, designed for gamers and creators who want to push their experience to the next level.
Why It’s Important: There are 580 million enthusiast PC gamers and 130 million PC-based content creators today1 who care about raw performance as much as they do responsiveness of their PC. They require PCs that can handle everything from demanding AAA games to taxing creative workloads like editing, rendering and transcoding massive 4K video – all while on the go. The 9th Gen Intel Core mobile processors deliver desktop-caliber performance in a mobile form factor and feature amazing performance; the fastest, most reliable wireless with Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+); the most versatile wired connectivity with Thunderbolt™ 3; and support for Intel® Optane™ memory technology.
How It Performs: At the top of the stack is the 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9980HK processor, the first Intel® Core™ i9 mobile processor with up to 5 GHz2 with Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost, 8 cores and 16 threads, and supporting 16MB of Intel® Smart Cache. The 9th Gen Intel Core mobile processors are designed for the most demanding workloads to deliver:
- A full range of processors including Intel Core i5, i7 and the unlocked3 Intel Core i9-9980HK for even more performance.
- Up to 33% overall performance leap compared with a 3-year old PC.4
- Up to 28% increased responsiveness.5
- Continuous performance optimization with Intel® Dynamic Tuning for all types of laptops.
How It Games: 9th Gen Intel Core mobile processors deliver desktop-caliber AAA gaming you can take anywhere, even while recording and streaming. With optimized performance on battery and Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+) – based on the latest Wi-Fi standard offering low latency and ultra-fast gigabit speeds – laptop gaming gets a whole lot better. Gamers will be able to:
- Play immersive AAA gameplay with up to 56% FPS improvement on games like “Total War: Warhammer II”.6
- Experience up to 38% faster turn time on games like “Civilization 6”.7
- Game, record and stream without compromise and broadcast HD live streams up to 2.1 times faster, gen-over-gen.8
- Break the gigabit barrier with the latest Wi-Fi 6 standard running on the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+) solution offering almost three times faster throughput and up to 75% latency reduction9 – pair it with Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) routers based on Intel technology to unleash a great gaming experience.
How It Improves Creation: 9th Gen Intel Core mobile processors power faster video10editing to tackle heavyweight creative tasks on the go. New Intel Optane memory H10 with solid-state storage provides the responsiveness of Intel Optane memory with the capacity of a QLC NAND SSD, speeds application and content loading,11 and Thunderbolt 3 enhances home and office creation via fast single-wire access to multiple 4K monitors, additional external storage and system charging. 9th Gen Intel Core mobile processors will deliver:
- Up to 54% faster 4K video editing versus a 3-year-old PC.12
- With up to 1TB of total storage, Intel Optane memory H10 with solid-state storage will have the capacity users need for their apps and files.
- Up to 63% faster content creation versus a 3-year-old PC via Intel Optane memory H10 with solid-state storage versus a standalone TLC NAND SSD.13
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) lets you share your 10GB multimedia files in less than one minute (almost three times faster than standard 2×2 AC Wi-Fi).14 When connected to a new Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) router powered by Intel technology it is now possible to create, edit and share faster than ever before.
Where to Get It: Starting April 23, 2019, laptops powered by the 9th Gen Intel Core mobile processors will launch from OEMs including Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Lenovo and MSI, as they introduce the most compelling laptops for gaming and content creation.
New Desktop Processors: New additions to the 9th Gen Intel Core desktop processor family were also introduced today. The 9th Gen Intel Core desktop processor lineup now includes more than 25 total products with options ranging from Intel Core i3 up to Intel Core i9 with amazing performance and flexibility to meet a range of consumer needs from everyday productivity to gaming to content creation. The family also brings Pentium Gold and Celeron products to market for entry-level computing, giving consumers even more options to find the right desktop to fit their specific need and budgets. New capabilities include:
- Up to 47% more FPS while gaming.15
- Up to 2.1 times faster video editing compared with a 5-year old PC for 4K and 360 video editing experiences.16
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) with gigabit Wi-Fi speeds delivering almost three times faster than standard 2×2 AC, and 40% faster than Intel® Wireless-AC (Gigabit).17
- Up to 8 cores and 16 threads, up to 5 GHz maximum turbo frequency, up to 16 MB Intel Smart Cache and up to 40 platform PCIe lanes.
This article original published on Intel News Room