How to Import EML Files into Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007? – Get Best Solutions
Emails are stored in a database file created locally on the Windows PC. Each client has its own way of storing and managing data. One most common way is the .eml format. It is used when a single message is extracted and saved as a file. In this post, one can learn all about steps to import EML to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003. These are simple actions that can be undertaken to extract important emails from a mailbox. It can be useful to any business professional, home or a non-technical user. It is the default method for saving messages to file for many email clients on Windows and Mac computer. Find out more in the following passage:
‘I have got an attachment that has an extension .eml. I am not sure what to do with this as I am completely new to this. I am getting multiple one of these from one of my clients. I can open and read it through a browser but I need it transferred to my Outlook mailbox. It is important for me to access crucial client data from one access point. Can anybody help me with this?’
Possible Solution to Open & Import EML Files into Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003
There are different steps for each email client. One can analyse the steps for Windows Live Mail and implement it in their personal information manager. Follow the steps mentioned here:
- First, launch both WLM and Microsoft Outlook applications.
- From the Windows Live Mail, go to File>>Export>>Email Messages to transfer EML files to Outlook.
- Then, choose ‘Microsoft Exchange’ as the format and then click Next button.
- Now, a message box will be displayed. It will notify the user about transferring all emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook or MS Exchange.
- Then, click the OK button to continue.
- Next, choose to move all folders or selective ones by selecting the ‘Select folders’ option.
- After setting the appropriate options, click on the OK button.
- Now, the Windows Live Mail EML files to Outlook migration will begin. Wait for it to get completed.c
- Finally, an ‘Export Complete’ dialogue box will appear indicating successful completion of the process. Click on the OK button.
Limitations of the Manual Method
Confusing Steps & Require Windows Live Mail: There is a different manual procedure for each email client. This can be quite tricky for a regular, home user to understand. Windows Live Mail installation is require.
Technical Expertise: Some use Outlook 2016 on tablet or phones through a Webmail client or a browser with Office 365. It can be quite difficult for them to import EML to Outlook manually without any issue.
Time-Consuming: It can take a lot of time out of crucial business hours to figure out the method. It can be a lengthy task to perform it without hassle.
A Faster, Better & Efficient Solution to Open, Import EML to Outlook
There is no direct way to migrate EML to Outlook. For this, one needs to manually extract each message to .eml files and save it to the desktop. Then, drag and drop them to appropriate folder in Outlook 2016. This can be done is a more efficient way of using a automated software like the EML to PST Wizard. It is useful in transferring multiple EML emails in bulk to a .pst format. It can work on any of the latest Windows 10 and earlier versions for either 32 and 64-bit machines. Here are some more of its features:
- Import EML files into Outlook PST format in batch.
- Dual Ways of Export: single folder or maintain existing structure
- Maintains folder hierarchy when moving EML files to UNICODE PST
- Option to split PST file into smaller, more manageable ones
Many users have searched online for ways to import EML into Outlook 2016, 2010, 2007, 2003. They look for methods to open EML files in Outlook email application. There is not much information available out there which gives precise information. Not that one in financial department with crucial statements and confidential email data can use. One can go for the manual method mentioned in the post to migrate EML to Outlook PST. Otherwise, there are alternates available that can make the task easier, smoother and faster. There is one such effective solution mentioned at the end.