How to Convert Exchange OST File into Outlook PST File?
Microsoft Outlook works with OST and PST files. Both data files are of the same nature and stores identical mailbox data. The only difference is OST file is created when Outlook profile is connected to Exchange Server and Cache Exchange Mode is enabled. You can access mailbox items in offline mode with OST file. The OST file later on synchronizes with Outlook PST file. OST file of Outlook becomes inaccessible due to issues in Exchange server or when a user tries to export data from one system to another, Therefore, OST files should be converted into PST format which is a safe and primary mailbox format of Outlook. This post is on the topic how to convert OST file to PST format. A complete tutorial is provided in this section which helps the users to export OST into PST format.
Reasons to migrate OST to PST
- Unexpected crash of the server is unable to connect to Exchange Server and you cannot access mailbox data.
- During Exchange Server maintenance, a user cannot access mailbox items. To access the mailbox data, you need to export OST to PST.
- OST to PST Conversion helps the users to migrate data from one place to another.
- There are more chances that the OST file gets corrupted and it has several reasons behind it –
- Virus attacks
- Lack of storage space
- Sudden closing of Outlook
To overcome these situations, the users need to export OST file into PST format. Now, the next question is how to convert OST file into PST format.
Techniques to export OST to PST
There are various techniques available to export offline OST files to PST format. Here, we are describing three different methods –
- Archive Data
It is a manual solution where Cleanup Tools of MS Outlook is used to move mailbox items to PST format.
- Export data to blank PST
It is also a free solution. Export to a PST file is another solution to convert OST file to Outlook PST format.
Limitations of the manual solutions
- When you go inside the above two manual solutions, you will find that both these methods are lengthy and time-consuming.
- Connectivity to Exchange Server is required to follow both the methods.
- MS Outlook installation is also needed to convert OST data to PST format.
- There is no surety of data security. Plus, technical users are capable to handle the methods only.
- Selective data conversion is not supported by manual
- Professional solution – OST to PST Converter
Looking after the shortcomings of the manual solutions, we would like to suggest you Softaken OST to PST Converter which is totally free from the limitations that users faced with the manual solutions. It is an effective solution that doesn’t need Outlook requirement to transfer OST data into PST format.
Benefits provided by OST to PST Conversion Tool
- Convert any size OST file to PST with a short time period.
- Standalone tool with no loss of data during conversion.
- Compatible with all MS Outlook editions – 2019, 2016, 2010, 2007 etc.
- Comfortably run on all Windows OS versions.
- The utility doesn’t make any modifications to any file and its elements.
- The application allows full conversion of all items – emails, contacts, notes, etc. from OST to PST.
- Preview complete folders of OST file before export.
- Selective conversion facility as per user choice.
How to convert OST data into PST Outlook?
Only counted steps to migrate OST to PST with the application –
- Download and launch the software on your Windows PC.
- Add OST file of any size with the Browse button.
- Get a complete preview of all folders of OST file.
- Select options for conversion – complete OST file or selected folders.
- Set an Output path to save the migrated PST file.
With this post, a user can easily differentiate between the manual solutions and software approach and pick the methods as per their suitability.